All Maintenance Releases are FREE of charge.
Please always check this Release Notes page for reported bugs before contacting Support.
See the latest updates to the
User's Guide for a complete description of new enhancements.
Note: V.r = Version.release
January 19, 2013
- New feature - Added code to allow Migration of program settings to a new computer. See Migration Cook Book Knowledge Base article for details.
- New feature - "Tools > Repair Moved File Paths" menu item now also will repair External Program definitions if the external program file is moved to a different folder.
- New feature - "Tools > Settings Validation Check" - This is a new Validation menu item to check Program Settings: audio soundcard Devices definitions, Output Groups, External Program definitions, and Time Periods.
- New feature - Time Period Editor now allows you to reset the Id on Time Periods to fix schedules that have orphaned Periods.
- New feature - Schedule Editor now allows you to set Start time to a Time of Day -- previously it only allowed setting time Ranges and Periods. (Learn more)
- New function - Improved validation checks for "Tools > Sound List Validation Check".
- New feature - File menu - New item to Clear Recent Files List.
- Bug fixed - Browse button (in Descriptors control section) to change External Program SoundItem was not assigning correct Program.
- Bug fixed - If closing program from the main SoundList editor, and a Playlist had pending edits in the Easy Player, user was not being prompted to save changes before closing.
December 13, 2012
- New feature - A "Loop continous" option was added to the AutoScript Editor. When checked, the Script will run continously until it is stopped by pressing the Stop button. (Learn more)
- New feature - New productivity menu item to Open the Folder of the selected Media Item in Windows Explorer. (under Edit Sound Item menu)
- Enhancement - Improved handling for saving and restoring placement of program toolbars. Will force a one time reset of all toolbar visibility and locations.
August 29, 2012
- New feature - "Auto-Fade Volume On Play/Stop Pause/Resume" options added. When enabled, volume will Fade-out to Stop or Pause, and/or Fade-in to Play or Resume. Fade speed is configurable. (Learn more)
- New function - Volume controls (on the Play Controls Attributes Groups panel) are now enabled for Run-Script Sound Items. Allows you to change volume of running automation scripts. Option "Apply Volume as Master" MUST be checked.
- New feature - Easy Player, - Volume Status Bar added to show volume of current playing cue, pause status and volume mute status. (Learn more)
- New feature - Sound Item, Max Volume attribute added. This sets the maximum volume (1% to 100%) that a sound item will play at. Useful for limiting volume with Auto-fade feature or Fade Markers. (Learn more)
- New feature - Auto Name button in the Color Group Editor now names the group by the closest color names based on selected colors.
- New feature - Miscellaneous improvements to some common edit dialogs.
- New feature - Object Ids are now editable for Sound Items and Automation Scripts (From the Edit menu on both the Sound List Editor and the Automator ). This allows you to fix orphaned Script Steps or Playlist Cue which reference deleted Sound Items or Scripts. See Ids (Identifiers) help page for details.
- New feature - "Fix All Duplicate Ids" tool added to the Sound List Editor Tools menu. Useful after importing another Sound List and a duplicate Id is encountered. (although it should be a rare occurance)
- New feature - Reports, you can now include abbreviated listings of Scripts and Playlists in a report. See Reports Options help page for details.
- New feature - List Validation has been improved to do more checks including orphaned Ids. Now includes Easy Player Playlists Validation.
- New feature - "Halt All Sounds and Scripts" action added for immediate stop of sounds and scripts. Useful if auto-fade is in use but you don't want to wait for a long fade-out to complete.
- Bug fix - In the Sound List Editor window, when a Sound Item was playing, if you clicked on another Sound Item which contains Fade Markers, the playing Sound Item would stop playing.
July 15, 2012
- New feature - Easy Player, added new option to highlight the current playing button cue. This allows you to keep track of which cue is currently playing while you move the button focus with the Arrow keys (or another move focus method). (Learn more)
- New feature - Easy Player, Manage Playlists menu item added under File. Pops up a list of existing Playlists. Select any Playlist to create a Duplicate, Delete it or Re-order its position in the list.
- Removed feature - Easy Player, "Save Playlist As Copy" is replaced by the Duplicate Playlists mentioned above.
July 06, 2012
- New feature - Easy Player, added new Behavior option, "Auto Move to Next Cue Button When Stop is Clicked". Previously, the "Auto Move to Next Cue Button After Play Finishes" option also executed when the Stop button was clicked. This separates out that behavior for added flexibility with remotes.
- Bug fix - Easy Player, fixed several bugs related to timing issues when "Auto Move to Next Cue Button" options are used. Intermittent symptoms include: 1) Cue Button focus might immediately move to the next Cue when Play button was pressed. 2) A Cue might begin playing at some random time after the Play button is pressed and sometimes would not Stop playing even when Stop-All button was clicked. 3) When using "Simple Play/Pause Mode" and "Play on Move Cue Focus" was checked, rapidly tabbing* through the Cue Buttons would start multiple cues playing (*tabbing either by keyboard arrow keys or the Next/Previous buttons). Only one cue should play at a time in this mode.
- Bug fix - Easy Player, Escape keystroke from a remote was not recognized for use as an action shortcut. Works now. You MUST UNcheck the "ESC key exits Show Mode" option in the 'Options -- Player' tab for ESC to work as an action shortcut.
- Bug fix - Easy Player, some other minor internal fixes related to action shortcuts.
May 25, 2012
- New feature - Easy Player: Can now save multiple Action Shortcuts definitions for different remote controllers as Favorites. Just load the desired Favorite to change Player Action Shortcuts behavior.
- New feature - Easy Player: Added menu item to "View Shortcut Key Summary". Useful to verify that you loaded Action Shortcuts were loaded as expected.
- Bug fix - External Programs option for "Restore active window focus after starting." was failing to work under a certian condition.
May 8, 2012
- New feature - New Option "Stop Running Scripts On Play If Concurrent Sounds Is Disabled" - When checked and "Allow Concurrent Sounds" is unchecked (in SoundList Editor -- Behavior menu), hitting the Play button (in the SoundList Editor or Easy Player) will stop any running scripts. Useful when you don't want concurrent sounds to play and you have scripts that might be running which have Play steps. When unchecked, scripts will continue running after hitting the Play button. See Options -- Automation tab.
- New feature - Option added to show or hide opened SoundList name on window titlebar (also Script name on Automator window and Playlist name on Easy Player). Useful for automating actions with Macro Recorder programs that generally need fixed window title names. See Options -- General tab.
- New function - Easy Player, Playlist open dialog changed to use Listbox selection. (open Playlist with fewer clicks)
- New behavior - Easy Player, when closing the player, if you have unsaved changes, you are prompted to Save the Playlist. Now exits player directly after the save operation.
- New feature - Automator, add option to "Allow Concurrent Scripts to Run" - When checked, it allows multiple scripts to be run at the same time. If unchecked, only one scripts will play at a time. In this mode, when you click Play to start a script, any scripts currently running are immediately stopped. See Automator Behavior menu.
- New feature - External Program Editor - New option to reset the SoundMill window as active window after invoking an external program. Useful with the Easy Player, since the Easy Player must be the active window to receive signals from a remote control device. Can be enabled or disabled. And you can set a wait time before the SoundMill window becomes active so that the external program can do work before losing focus.
- New feature - Easy Player, added an option to auto-advance Button Cue focus to next Button Cue once the current cue completes play (or Stop button is pressed).
- New feature - Easy Player, added an option to Always Keep Next Cue Button Visible. This is useful when you are only displaying several cues at at time (for example, a Cue Button table with one column and three rows) and want to see what cue is next in your playlist.
- New feature - Easy Player, Edit Playlist menu option added. Add Selected Cue Button Colors to Favorites - The Color Group of the selected Cue Button is added to the Favorite Color Groups.
- New feature - Easy Player, Edit Playlist menu option added. Add Selected Cue Button Font to Favorites - The Font of the selected Cue Button is added to the Favorite Fonts.
- New feature - Added new options to automatically apply Pre-Delay and Post-Delay to all Preemptive SoundItems. See Options -- SoundItem tab.
- New feature - Reports Option added to include/exclude External Programs definitions from Report contents.
- New feature - Added functions to move a list item To Top of list, To Bottom and To middle (productivity aid). Provided with menu items, keyboard shortcuts, and mouse click behavior. See "Edit Sound Item Menu Functions" of the Users Guide for details. All list editors have this function including the popup list edit dialog.
- New function - Easy Player, Continous Play mode now will process Sound Items for Run script and External Program types. Previously only Play type Sound Items were processed.
- Bug fix - Easy Player, Pause function was not working in some cases with Simple Play/Pause mode. Sound Item would not Resume after pause.
- Bug fix - When reopening a SoundList, linkage from an Automation "Run External Program" step to the associated SoundItem was sometimes broken. (Occured when associated SoundItem had been moved within the SoundList. )
- Bug fix - Automation steps which used an Offset time delay interval were not going into Pause mode when Pause was pressed. Offset Delay now suspends while in Pause, then continues delay interval for the remaining delay time once Resume is pressed.
- Bug fix - Pause in automation scripts was intermittently missed due to an edge condition.
- Bug fix - Delay Step in Automation scripts was continuing to drain even while a script was paused. Delay now suspends while in Pause, then continues delay for the remaining delay time once Resume is pressed.
- Bug fix - SoundItems which use a Pre-Delay or Post-Delay time interval were not going into Pause mode when Pause was pressed during the Delay interval. Acts the same as Delay Step above.
V.r 2.18 to V.r 2.21
- These releases were beta development drops working with a customer on new Easy Player function. They were not made available for public download. Fixes and features associated with these releases are included in the next public release above.
August 11, 2011
- Bug fix - Fixed bug with the Easy Player Action Shortcuts. They were not being refeshed immediately after an edit operation.
- See our new Knowledge Base article, Remote Controller - Custom Shortcuts for Easy Player
, for a step by step procedure of setting up action shortcuts for a wireless Remote device.
April 14, 2011
The .Net Prerequisite
is upgraded for this release to gain added function (including multi-core CPU support, enhanced multi-tasking for threads, and more). The new pre-req level is .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (or Full .Net Framework 4.0 ).
tool to edit and operate with Playlists. See Overview page for details. This is a major feature enhancement and available to Ultimate edition users at no additional charge. Upgrade path is available to other users.
Manage Favorite Colors
Manage Favorite Fonts
to the Tools menu. Used in conjunction with the new
- Enhancement - Resizing method for several dialogs was improved to minimize need for horizontal scroll bars. This affects dialogs for the Scheduler, Script editor and Step editor.
Help -- Misplaced Password Removal
function in the event you forget a password -- For both program password and Soundlist passwords. You need the customer activation code to perform this action. (all editions)
Mute All - Toggle
to the Actions menu. These operate on all playing Sound Items. (all editions)
value setting to the Color Group dialog. Opacity provides a transparency level to the color. (not available for Skins due to a Windows limitation). (all editions)
- Fixed bug in File Save Logic. When cancelling from File Save of a new Sound List, the second save attempt was bypassing the Save dialog.
- Improved File Save logic to remember last folder accessed -- a productivity assist when opening or saving multiple files in sequence.
May 16, 2010
- Users should reset toolbars for this release to pick up new buttons added to the markers Position Toolbar (a Windows quirk). Click
View -- Toolbars -- Reset Toolbars to Default Settings
- Quick Markers enhancement added. Allows for quick addition of Fade-In, Fade-Out, Start-At and End-At markers. See the Quick Markers section of the User's Guide.
- Added Left and Right Guides to the markers placement ruler. Position is a user setting. Provides a one click positioning to move markers to the Guide positions. Used in conjunction with the new Quick Markers function. Set buttons added to the
Start, End and Fade Markers
- Added menu item to Automator for
Set Time Overlap on All Play Steps
. Useful when you want to make automation steps overlap each other by X number of seconds. Think fading into the next music selection as the last selection fades out.
- Added a
View Default Attributes
menu item under Tools.
- Attributes group icon letters moved to the collapsable section bars. Easier to identify Attributes group when section is collapsed.
- List Validation - Now flags Sound Items that run an External Program, but the program is not found.
- External Program edit dialog now allows the Id to be changed manually if necessary. Productivity aid for advanced users.
- User's Guide table of contents improved to provide more keywords and phrases for Find search.
Automator now immediately updated for new skin selection. Previously required restart.
Mass Update - Play Markers Attributes
now includes Fades markers (Fade-In, Fade-Out) as an update option pick.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes and tweaks.
April 30, 2010
- Fixed - Bug in Fade Speed used in Fade Markers. Previously, Fade Speed less than value of 10 was not being recognized preventing slowest fade in/out speed.
April 03, 2010
- Added ability run External Programs (ex. .bat, .exe, etc) and pass variables. Useful to coordinate/operate other devices (ex. lighting systems, etc).
December 06, 2009
- Added option to use Device volume for sound item playback. Useful in multi-zone speaker systems.
toolbar button was not adding newly created Fx effects to SoundItem. Now fixed.
September 22, 2009
Help -- Check for Updates
now pings the Website to check for latest version release.
- Minor Help document updates.
February 17, 2009
Automator can now be closed and reopened without losing linkages to a running scripts.
- Accessibility: Improved Help table of contents and help document page navigation.
- Accessibility: Fixed shortcut key ommissions when accessing menuitems with screen reader.
January 11, 2009
- Includes minor user interface fixes.
- Options will be reset to factory settings with this install due to a data structure change. See the note on Options Restore before installing this new release.
December 22, 2008
- Minor change to fix installation error occuring on certian machine configurations. If V.r 2.6 installed ok, do not bother with this release.
November 01, 2008
- Enhanced feature - Script Editor and Step Editors have been enhanced with expandable sections.
- New feature - New automation step to clear announcements added. Allows for swapping in new announcements at a specified time or after a set of music selections completes.
October 19, 2008
- New feature - Volume indicator added to play position progress bar. Helpful when auto fades are in use to determine current volume.
- New feature - Can now set fonts and larger font sizes for the Sound Item listbox. Easier to read when running shows or presentations.
- Enhanced feature - Recent files list truncates path for easier reading. Path is still shown as a mouse-over tooltip.
October 17, 2008
- Enhanced feature - Now supports 64 bit Windows (runs in 32 bit mode on x64 systems).
- New feature - Can now set fonts and larger font sizes for the menu bar at the top of the editor. Easier to read when running shows or presentations.
October 9, 2008
- Enhanced feature - You can now drag and drop a Sound List to Open it.
- Fixed - Error when opening some list editors (ex. Step list editor).
- Fixed - Error when saving a file to user documents for first time (user folder does not exist error).
- Fixed - Wrong message was displayed when trying to open a file that does not exist via Recent Files.
September 28, 2008
- Enhanced feature - Significant optimizations to the sound buffer driver code.
- Fixed - Script Play Step references to Sound Items may be corrupted when more than one script is
. "NOT_FOUND" message is the typical symptom.
- Fixed - Bug when moving Sound Items Up or Down in the list or after a Sound List sort would sometimes result in automation script errors. Typical error message is "ERROR! Invalid Id Reference." .
- Added feature - Sound Item Edit panel now has expandable section bars. More intuitive operation. Attribute group show/hide tool bar is removed since the section bars replace its function.
- Added feature -
was added for scheduling by calendar dates. ( more info )
- Added feature -
Tools -- Automation
menu item to support new date scheduling features (time periods, favorite schedule).
- Added feature -
WMP Plugin support
to allow support for extended audio types like FLAC, OGG, AAC and more. ( more info )
- Added feature -
Shuffle steps when run
option for Scripts. Causes script steps to be randomly shuffled when the script is run.
- Added feature -
added for Offset times on Play Steps.
- Added feature -
Step now available for scripts. Halts script execution.
- Added feature -
Check for Updates
link to Help menu. Browser goes direct to Versions web page. (this page)
- Added feature -
Play List Logging
option to log of all sounds played. For commercial use where fees are paid for copyrighted audio. ( more info )
- Enhanced feature - Drag and drop now supports dropping folders as well as files.
- Enhanced feature - Subfolders are now searched for audio files when doing drag and drop or
Import a Folder of Audio Files
June 16, 2008
- Version 2 Release 1. First release for version 2. See what's new in Version 2 (for V1 customers).
- No known bugs at this time.
Version 1 change history is